I am a UKCP and BACP registered psychotherapist working in private practice in Cambridge. My approach to therapy is Existential-phenomenological although much of my training has been integrative which means it incorporates Psychoanalytic theory and Person-Centred approaches which have all formed my understanding of the therapeutic process.
You can read more about Existential Psychotherapy here http://existentialanalysis.org.uk/about-the-sea/about-existential-analysis/
I am also an EMDR therapist in training so am confident in using these techniques to reduce distress. EMDR can be extremely useful for helping with trauma, PTSD, phobias, panic attacks, binge eating, trichotillomania (obsessive hair pulling), addictions, public speaking, and social anxiety.
My style of working is to listen to you in order to gain an understanding of your experience of the world, what your issues are that may be causing difficulty in your life. And working together to find a way of acknowledging and understanding them so that you may find it possible to live the life you want to live.
Before becoming a therapist I worked for 14 years in the fashion industry. As well as my private practice I have also worked in an alcohol dependence service and with victims of domestic abuse. So although clients have come to me with all sorts of issues I do have specialist experience with addiction and relationship trauma and difficulties.
- Member of UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) (Member number; 2011172256)
- Registered Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) (Member number; 303846)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) Training with Sandi Richman (Parts 1, 2 & 3)
- Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy (Regent’s University)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy and Counselling (Regent’s University)
- Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling (Regent’s University)
- Certificate in Attachment Theory in Clinical Practice (Bowlby Centre)
- BSc in Psychology (UCL)
I adhere to the BACP and UKCP codes of ethics and complaints procedure. I am also a member of the Society for Existential Analysis (SEA). I am committed to Continued Professional Development and regular supervision of my practice. I maintain professional indemnity insurance.
Get in touch to ask any questions or to arrange a session
Call/Text 07884 432 120